1) Jewelry is lasting. Jewelry is more than a purchase – it’s an investment that can actually appreciate in value. Plus, most family heirlooms are pieces of jewelry that pass from one generation to the next. You could start a new family tradition.
2) It sends the right message. Giving jewelry as a gift can help you share how you feel when you can’t find the right words.
3) It’s customizable. Jewelry is extremely customizable. You can find or create custom pieces that represent a loved one’s personality, color preferences or style. To make your gift even more personal and one-of-a-kind, have it engraved with a special date, word or phrase.
4) It’s versatile. No matter what your taste or budget, you can find an item to suit your needs. Plus, jewelry is appropriate for every age and gender. Rings, necklaces, pendants, bracelets, earrings and watches – there’s something more everyone.
5) Jewelry surprises and delights. Jewelry will continue to elicit surprised gasps and happy tears for years to come.
6) Giving a jewel means giving something that never changes, that remains identical and is not affected by time. They are simply the closest thing to immortality we have found this far.
7) Most people make a habit of treating themselves once in a while to something special or at the very least make sure that they renew the basics such as shoes, clothing, bags, and coats every now and then. However, there are some things that are just not on most people’s radar, mostly because it is extra, considered a luxury, and come at a significant cost. Jewelry is one of these items. Unless you are very well off, have an obsession with jewels, or are just not careful with your money, jewelry is not something you spend for on a regular basis. Therefore it is up to others to gift you with this very special item from time to time. Just the fact that this is not an every day kind of gift makes it exciting and unique.
8) If you think about gifts you have received over the years, try to think about which gifts are still in use. Even those that are still being used are either fairly new or on their last leg. Clothing fades, rips, gets stained, and goes out of style. Electronics gets replaced by something newer and better before you even fully got to enjoy it. Even cars are on a timer from the day they are bought till the day they start showing signs of growing old. Only jewelry can be cared for and enjoyed for generations. There are endless classic jewelry styles that ensure your piece will never become irrelevant, and even in case it does, settings can always be changed and upgraded.
9) There's nothing better than knowing that a gift is yours and all yours when you first receive it. But after you have tired of it or it has served its purpose, it is truly sad to simply discard it or find it a better home. Jewelry, as we already mentioned, can be worn for decades, but even when not in use can be easily stored due to its small size and passed down to the next generation as a useful and meaningful heirloom. Not to mention, depending on the piece it can retain or even increase in value.
10) One of the hardest things about gift shopping is finding something suitable for each age group, and then running from one store to the next. With jewelry, all ages are relevant. From a wee newborn to a senior, jewelry appeals to every generation. Think adorable studs or bracelets for the little ones, a pendant necklace for the teenagers, an assortment of options for young and middle-aged adults, and large statement rings for the golden years. When you gift jewelry, you take care of all ages with one gift idea, and possibly just one store.